7.21.2009

Craigslist job search, a short story

I'm back from my On The Road adventures! Lots of stories but I'm not sure where to begin so I'll talk about my job search since coming home.


I'm looking for a second job to take up some free time.



I started browsing Craigslist, it was wildly unhelpful.



In the process of sifting through "MODEL$ needed" and "females 18-21-quick ca$h!!!" I stumbled upon egg donation. I thought, what the hell.


Though I shudder at the thought of mini-mes I don't know about running amok in the world, it was too fascinating to avoid.



I read testimonials of happy parents and looked at photos of a doctor in Indian garb kissing babies.



I went so far as to open the PDF form for potential egg donors.
It was a 16 page form of questions like



"What are your personal goals?



Have you achieved any of them?



What were you like as an adolescent?



What's your favorite color?



..Favorite movie?"



16 pages! I could only imagine prospective parents reading 'Silence of the Lambs' and crossing me off the list.



Plus extensive family health and mental questions



In the end, it was "Describe your father's personality" that made me realize I was unqualified.

No way they would want those genes, though I've turned out alright (IMHO).



Back to "Models no exp necessary!! Good $$$$" for me.

-Citrus

No comments: