8.13.2009

Onion Rings

Just typing those words “Onion Rings” made my mouth water.

There is a local drive-in restaurant that makes the most sinfully delicious ones. They are deep-fried in a slightly sweet batter and have the perfect onion/batter ratio. Gosh are they good! I crave them 24/7.

I know you can buy their signature burgers by the case, frozen. I’ve been too afraid to look into buying the onion rings the same way.

Some dwindling moral sense stops me from getting for two orders every time. I would weigh 5000 pounds in no time at all.


Onion rings can be very hit-or-miss.


I have a friend who wouldn’t know good cuisine if it bit him.

Once while dining out at a fast food chain with a group, said friend asked the waitress
“Are these the good onion rings?”
She didn’t know what He meant.

- it was quite obvious to me-

He explained,

“when you bite into it will only a bite of onion come out or will the whole thing slide out in a mess leaving you with an onion size amount of plain fried stuff to eat”.

He took the risk and ordered them.

Sadly they were not “the good kind” and He left the plate untouched after one bite.

Atta boy.

No comments: